MVP or POY?
Printable View
MVP or POY?
I honestly believe if you put Jordan Martin on CW's team they win more than two games. I don't really see how you can give him POY in the LPD, the LPD is terrible we all agree on that. I mean not one team won a regional game, so your going to give POY to a guy when his team couldn't win but two games in the league? He's a good player, all LPD player but not Player of the Year. A bigger rip is how Mike Day didn't get COY for Girls. We went from being a joke to a really competitive team. I'm just glad at the end of this basketball season, we (PV) qualified for both boys and girls regional tournaments and we would've qualified under the old system in both as well.
Remember...It's just basketball
Basketball is pretty bad around here but so is every sport for that matter. We've got one team next year who has a shot of winning it all in football, we've got one team in basketball. I like football as much as the next guy but this aint 1997. PV has won 2 LPD Titles in the last 7 years in football, the basketball team aint to far behind.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MVP or POY?</div></div>
Either or. I'm not big on picking apart the semantics of either acronym. Vanover both was the MVP of his team, and also put up the best stats against the worst odds (bad supporting casts as compared to most teams they played, double/triple teams, etc).
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I honestly believe if you put Jordan Martin on CW's team they win more than two games. I don't really see how you can give him POY in the LPD, the LPD is terrible we all agree on that. I mean not one team won a regional game, so your going to give POY to a guy when his team couldn't win but two games in the league? He's a good player, all LPD player but not Player of the Year. </div></div>
Sorry dude, but I didn't see a single player on PV or any other team in the LPD that had a kid that was explosive as I've seen Vanover capable of being. The only player that I can think of that even comes close is Devin Brickey.
It's your opinion though.
The success of an individual program in an individual sport is irrelevant....it's still just basketball in an area where everything (including obeying the 10 commandments) plays second fiddle to football.
I agree...Mike Day got more out of those girls than past coaches would've...and he will have even more success in the next two season with the youn team he has coming back...
will day be back?
According to the Principal, He will return as head coach next year.